Mack Trucks Trident
The Mack Trident is a familiar sight on Australian highways and with good reason: it’s a versatile truck that can handle just about anything.
One of our biggest-selling models, the Mack Trident is hugely popular in the demanding long-haul and heavy construction sectors.
Haul up to 131 tonnes
If you’re pulling B-Doubles across Australia, running a tipper and dog at a construction site, or hauling logs out of the mountains of New Zealand, the Trident gets the job done with ease.
Axle Back or Axle Forward?
When we say versatile, we mean it. That’s why we offer Trident with two steering axle positions, designed for specific applications: Axle Back and Axle Forward. This is how we can build Tridents as logging trucks, low-loaders, interstate B-Doubles, tipper & dog and more.
Trident Axle Back
If you’re involved in operations such as long-haul or logging, you know that correct weight over the steer axles is critical. This is where the Trident Axle Back hits its stride.
The front axle is 1,297mm from the front, providing the turning circle and weight distribution you need.
Trident Axle Forward
Running a tipper & dog? Trident Axle Forward is the model for you.
The front axle is 737mm from the front, perfect for extreme axle measurements to maximise the payload of tipper and dog configurations.Download Trident Axle Back Brochure Download Trident Axle Forward Brochure
6x4 Axle Back
In the 6x4 Axle Back configuration the front axle is 1,297mm from the front, providing the turning circle and weight distribution you need for long-haul and logging, where correct weight over the steer axles is critical. This configuration allows for a GVM of up to 26,000kg and a GCM of up to 131 tonnes.
6x4 Axle Forward
In the 6x4 Axle Forward configuration, the front axle is 737mm from the front, perfect for extreme axle measurements to maximise the payload of tipper and dog configurations.
Mack MP8 12.8-litre
The Granite is powered by the Mack MP8 12.8-litre engine. The MP8 produces from 500 to 535 hp and 1,840-1,920lb-ft torque.
The MP8 uses Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR) technology to comply with Euro 5 and ADR 80-03 emissions standards.
- Max output at 1450-1900rpm: 500, 535Hp
- Max engine speed: 2100rpm
- Max torque 1000-1450rpm: 1840–1920 lb-ft
- No. of cylinders: 6
- Bore & stroke: 131 x 158mm
- Displacement: 780 Cu in (12.8 Lt)
- Compression ratio: 16:1
- Engine brake retardation: 495Hp (370kW) at 2100rpm
- Economy engine speeds: 1000–1400rpm
- Oil change volume, incl. filter: 33 Lt
- No. of oil filters: 2 full-flow, 1 bypass
- Cooling system, total volume: 38 Lt
- Weight, Dry (Approx.): 1160kg
The sensational Mack mDRIVE fully-automated manual transmission comes as standard on the Trident.
- TmD12AD (Direct): torque 1,920ft–lbs, gears 12, 4
If you’re after a manual, you can fit an Eaton transmission offering a torque capacity of up to 2,250ft-lbs.
- RTLO18918: torque 1,850ft–lbs, gears 18, 4
- RTLO20918: torque 2,050ft–lbs, gears 18, 4
- RTLO22918: torque 2,250ft–lbs, gears 18, 4
The Trident’s wheelbase depends on whether you need the Axle Back or Axle Forward model.
- Axle-Back: from 4,485mm to 5,385mm
- Axle-Forward: 4,720mm to 5,795mm